The Teiid Designer tool encorporates numerous features designed to present users with a rich and efficient modeling experience. The table below highlights several of these features. For more details on these features and integration with Teiid, visit Teiid's Feature Matrix page.
|Supports Multiple Metamodel Types|| |
Teiid Designer supports creation and editing of the following metamodel types:
|Design-time Data Preview||You can import metadata from your sources to create your models, and quickly preview the data. In addition you can create a Virtual Database containing your models, and perform more complex queries to test your models and data transformations.|
|Metadata Capture||Designer provides import capabilities that can interpret your metadata and create valid models. JDBC schema, WSDL, XML Schema (xsd) and various text formated files are some of the metadata you can import into Designer to create Relational, XML, XSD and Web Service models.|
|Data Abstraction||View models can be defined to represent your business domain entities, in either relational or XML format. The structures of the view models are then mapped to the underlying physical models through transformations. These transformations are defined in terms of standard SQL. It is possible to define view models in terms of other view models, so there can be multiple layers of abstraction built on top of one another. In addition, you can join data from multiple data sources in a single transformation.|
|Virtual Procedures||Virtual procedures provide a means of defining a set of executable SQL commands. These are similar in nature to stored procedures commonly found in major relational database systems.|
Teiid Designer in the News
- Teiid Designer 9.0 Released18 December 14
- Teiid Designer 8.6 Released22 September 14
- Teiid Designer 8.5 Released16 June 14
- Teiid Designer 8.4 Released12 March 14
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.