The Teiid Tooling project's mission is to provide support for development and management of Teiid runtime artifacts.
- Target users include data architects, data analysists and developers who need to:
- define runtime metadata to simplify their federated, complex and multi-formatted data
- validate and test their metadata through deployment of artifacts and simple data queries
- provide utilities to expose their data to upstream applications via standard API and services
- Teiid Designer - Full Teiid VDB archive editing in Eclipse IDE
- Data Service Builder - New (<in work>) Web UI targeted at simple data services building and testing
- VDB Builder - CLI that provides basic editing of dynamic vdb.xml resources
- Validation - continued work on the validation framework and added a 'validate-vdb' command.
- Default Server definition - the user is no longer required to create their own servers and set a default.
- A single default server has been defined
- Commands were added to allow the user to view and edit the default server properties
- Server auto-connect - can now connect to the defined server automatically upon start-up. This is optional and controlled by global preference settings.
- Data sources - can now import and export data source definitions from the file system.
- Driver deployment - can now deploy a jdbc driver from the file system to the connected server.
- Core framework - many improvements to core engine functionality, server connectivity, and underlying ModeShape repository usage.
- Miscellaneous - many improvements to previously existing commands.
The DSB is a prototype web based tool for editing and managing and testing simple data services targeted for accessing your data via the Teiid runtime framework.
The VDB Builder is a command line tool that allows creating, editing and managing dynamic VDBs and their contents as well as interacting with a running server. This tool is a result of our on-going initiative to develop a non-Eclipse extensible dynamic vdb editing framework.
Full Teiid VDB modeling, editing and testing support in an Eclipse IDE.
Teiid Designer in the News
- Teiid Designer 11.0 Released5 December 2016
- Teiid Designer 10.1 Released15 August 2016
- Teiid Designer 10.0 Released13 April 2016
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.