Next Generation of Teiid Designer
The Teiid Designer team has been developing a more versatile VDB editing tool called the VDB Builder. The VDB Builder is a command line tool that allows creating, editing and managing dynamic VDBs and their contents.
This tool is a result of our on-going Komodo initiative to develop a non-Eclipse extensible dynamic vdb editing framework. We plan to continue building out this CLI to allow full editing of VDBs and data sources and eventually adding deployment capabilities. But it is currently limited to VDB creation and editing.
This framework is rooted in adapting a local embedded ModeShape repository which utilizes sequenced node structures modeled from the Teiid vdb-deployer.xsd schema definition and BNF.
Try It Out
Teiid Designer is a visual tool that enables rapid, model-driven definition, integration, management and testing of data services without programming using the Teiid runtime framework.
With Teiid Designer, not only do you create source data models and map your sources to target formats using a visual tool, but you can also:
Teiid Designer is copyright 2000-2015 MetaMatrix, Inc. and Red Hat, Inc.
This program and the accompanying materials are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0
Teiid Designer in the News
- Teiid Designer 9.1 Released10 July 15
- Teiid Designer 9.0 Released18 December 14
- Teiid Designer 8.6 Released22 September 14
- Teiid Designer 8.5 Released16 June 14
- Teiid Designer 8.4 Released12 March 14
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.